Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Eggnog Krispy Pie

Yum
The kids are back in school today, Hallelujah!!! Our time off was amazing, but it really was time for them (and me) to get back in the groove. So, in place of Little's Lunches this week, I'm sharing a sweet treat instead. About a month ago, before I brought B to gymnastics, I sent a text to two of the mamas I chat with each week in the waiting room while our little girls are bouncing around saying
"do you like eggnog and free dessert?"
The answers were enthusiastic yeses, so I packed up slices of this pretty pie and brought it with me. I was so glad to get feedback from friends and I was even more excited to let them know how much their being my guinea pigs helped me out!
I have a thing for marshmallows and eggnog, so when I saw that Campfire Marshmallows was putting on a contest looking for the best Sweet Holiday desert I knew just what I'd make. A creamy eggnog pie with a rice krispy treat crust! Luckily for me, the folks at Campfire liked it just as much as my family and friends did, and I won the grand prize!!!  $500 and a Campfire Marshmallows variety box just in time for the new year!
 
2 ½ cups plus 2 Tablespoons eggnog
1 (5.1 ounce box) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 Tablespoons butter
3 cups Campfire mini marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon rum extract
3 cups crisp rice cereal
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup whipped topping
 
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 ½ cups eggnog with the pudding mix and whisk together for 2 minutes. Place the mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove the pan from heat and add ¼ teaspoon of the nutmeg, the rum extract and the cereal and stir until well coated. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a well-greased deep dish pie plate and set aside to harden.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of eggnog and the white chocolate chips and microwave them in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Using a small pastry brush, brush the melted chocolate mixture on the bottom and sides of the crust. Set aside and allow to harden.
Once the white chocolate has hardened and the pudding has chilled, fill the pie shell with the pudding and smooth the top with a spatula. Top with the whipped topping, sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and serve immediately. 
 

2 comments:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...