Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Blueberry Crostada with Rosemary Tangerine Glaze

Yum
The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council has come up with a super fun new blogger recipe contest and they're calling it  "Blueberries Meet Their Match"
Entries are supposed to combine blueberries with your choice of: balsamic, rosemary, coconut or banana. For me, it wasn't a question which one I would pick to play with. I love sweet and savory combos and frequently add herbs to sweet recipes and drinks, so rosemary and blueberries it was!
This crostada is so easy to throw together and I love how impressive it looks after very little effort.
The cornmeal on the crust gives it a little texture, the blueberries are sweet, plump and deliciously juicy and it pairs so perfectly with the tangerine and rosemary in the glaze.
I see this as a perfect addition to a brunch table, especially since it is truly magnificent served with a mimosa on the side!
It's so good, my husband told me it was "the bomb" after shoveling his first slice down.....
we don't even talk like that, but I actually had to agree with him!
Blueberry Crostada with Rosemary Tangerine Glaze
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 refrigerated pie crust
3 cups frozen blueberries
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon tangerine zest
1 Tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons tangerine juice
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the cornmeal on a large stonewear baking sheet or non stick cookie sheet.
Unroll the pie crust, lay it on top of the cornmeal and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cornmeal evenly across the top of the crust.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together the frozen blueberries, sugar, zest and flour. Pour the mixture in the center of the pie crust leaving a 1 inch lip around the rim uncovered.
Lift and gently fold the edges up around the filling, loosely forming with your hands.
With a pastry brush, brush a layer of the heavy cream over the pie crust.
Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven when the crust is nicely browned and allow to sit aside and cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In a small bowl stir together the rosemary, powdered sugar and tangerine juice to form a glaze.
Drizzle glaze evenly over the crostada and serve.
 
If you are interested in other delicious ideas for blueberries visit here

I am SO excited to say that I won the "runner up"
$500 prize for this contest!
Thanks again to the US Highbush Blueberry Council for another fun contest!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I was also a part of this contest (I got 2nd place in coconut category) and I couldn't wait to see what will the dishes be in Rosemary category. I am so impressed with this and I can't wait to try it! It looks really pretty and mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Daniela, Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! What a fun contest, congrats on placing as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...