Monday, February 9, 2015

Little's Lunches 9

Yum
Happy Monday!
I have had numerous people ask me about some of the lunchboxes I use, and while I have a pretty extensive variety of containers, my favorite, by a landslide, is the yumbox. It's pretty expensive, so I only have one for each kid, but I love them SO much and use them as often as I can, so it seemed worth it. A few weeks ago though, the latch broke off of M's outer case and I was so upset! I didn't want to invest in another for him if they were going break like that. Well guess what?! I wrote to the company and included a picture of the latch. Within an hour I received a response and within a week I had a brand new latch kit at my door! How's that for customer service?! I was so relieved and impressed with the quick fix they offered, and I was excited to be able to use them again. No other lunchbox I have found seals the way yumbox does which really gives me more flexibility when packing my kid's lunches. I know I won't get a soggy uneaten full lunch brought back to me at the end of the day along with a grumpy hungry kid when I pack these!
 Monday: Salami and Prosciutto, Crackers, veggies and ranch, frozen peach slices and kettle corn
 Tuesday: Asian Noodle Salad, Freeze Dried Grapes and a frozen Yogurt tube
Wednesday: Asian Noodle Salad, Applesauce, Broccoli and Ranch and Pretzel squares
Thursday: Artichoke Bacon Cheese Spread in a flour tortilla, veggies and ranch, goldfish and applesauce with dried cranberries
Friday: Asian Noodle Salad, cheese stick and a chocolate caramel square

As you can see, my kids love this Asian Noodle Salad. It makes a HUGE bowl that lasted us the whole week and they even requested it a few days as an after school snack as well. I love making things like this on the weekend to carry us through the week. I use Pioneer Woman's recipe as a base but I use whole wheat pasta instead of the white, I omitted the jalapeno and I used baby kale instead of the Napa cabbage and spinach. I also blend the dressing in a food processor instead of just whisk it together so there are no pieces of garlic and ginger to bite into.
 
So tell me, what's your favorite lunchbox packing items?
Need more lunchbox inspiration? Here's week 1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8
Don't forget to follow me on instagram as well!

Last but not least, please take a moment and vote for my Mexicado Sliders with Street Corn Salsa in my latest contest!
The grand prize is the choice of a kitchen makeover, a vacation or a man cave......I'm sure you can guess what Louis is hoping for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...