Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Still in Spring Break Mode

Yum
I still feel like we're recovering from Spring break! We had such a busy trip and it flew by so quickly. Obviously, there was no school, so that means no lunchboxes. Instead I'll share a few highlights of our trip and what I've been cooking since we've been home
The visit home started and ended with seafood and that's just the way I like it! Boiled, in po-boys and in a cream sauce served over fried eggplant slices on pasta.....I ate it all!
On Sunday we went to the St Patrick's Day Parade and the kids had a blast! We knew we were home when at 10 am on a Sunday morning we were handed a gallon of daiquiris in the drive through before heading to the parade route.
All set and ready to go! Thanks to my mom who was our DD that day!
The kids had SO MUCH fun! They also filled 5 bags full of beads, trinkets and vegetables. Cabbages, carrots, potatoes, garlic, lemons......
This isn't even all of it...we gave some away to people around us and there was an entire bag of potatoes on the side. Even still, that's a lot of cabbage! I've made potato salad, coleslaw and a few new dishes to try to use up our loot. The deer even got the outer leaves to snack on!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...