Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Everything Bagel Oven Fries

Yum
Fries are my weakness. I can pass on dessert any day with no problem, but if there are fries in front of me, my self control is lost. It doesn't matter what kind they are either, my love has no bounds.
My kids know this about me and will find the really crispy almost burnt ones and pick them out to give to me before they even begin to eat their meal if we're out. Maybe it's their way of keeping my hands off their plate, I'm not sure, but I'm secretly happy they're so well trained. Since I would be the size of a rhino if I ate fries every day the way I'd like, I thought I'd come up with a healthy alternative to curb my cravings. Crispy baked oven fries coated in an Everything Bagel seasoning blend! I served them with a dill and green onion dip that is divine. I hope you love these as much as my family did!
 
Everything Bagel Oven Fries
1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
 
Scrub the potatoes under running water and slice into wedges. Place in a bowl with cold water and allow them to soak for 20 minutes. While the potatoes are soaking, pre-heat the oven to 450 and make the dipping sauce:
 
2 Tablespoons mayo
2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
¼ teaspoon dill
½ cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
 
Stir mayo, sliced green onion, dill, sour cream, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
 
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons Poppy Seeds
1 ½ teaspoons Sesame Seeds
1 ½ teaspoon minced dried garlic
1 ½ teaspoon minced dried onion
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Once the potatoes have soaked, remove them from the water and pat them dry with a clean dish towel. Wipe the bowl dry, and place the potato wedges in the bowl with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil, Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion and kosher salt. Brush a large cookie sheet with the remaining oil and lay the potato wedges out evenly across the pan.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes. Flip the potato wedges over, return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until they are browned and crisp.
Serve warm with the dipping sauce
 What is your food weakness? Do tell so I can feel better about stealing food from my kid's plates!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! These oven fries look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Please let me know if you try them how they turn out :)

      Delete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...