Bubbles at Brunch

I love brunch! I don't know if it's because I hate waking up super early or the fact that I prefer a big savory breakfast over a sweet one any day, but for me, it just works. So, last week I was talking with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while about how badly we needed to get together and we both realized we had nothing planned on Sunday. Done! Brunch was set. I was so excited since I love to try out new recipes and I had a few in mind immediately
We started with my new favorite way to serve Prosecco
With guava nectar! I had Strawberry too which is equally delicious, but I love how pretty and pink the guava is. Now, I've bought other brands and it's just not as good, so make sure it's the pink Kern's can. If it has a yellow guava on the pic it will be gross. You're welcome.
I made little tart shells from boxed pie crust and cut out little fleur-de-lis with the scraps. Right before my friend got there I just filled the shells with seedless black raspberry jam, topped them with whipped cream and then garnished them with raspberries and pie crust cutouts. Simple and delicious!
I also made the Pioneer Woman's Champagne Oranges the night before and we may or may not have eaten them all.....I'm not telling
These are delicious, easy and so perfect to bring to a brunch, shower or to share with friends!
For the main dish, I made this recipe which I had pinned a long time ago for Corn and Bacon Pie. I saved time and used a prepared pie crust, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. By the time it came out of the oven, we were starving so I don't have an after pic but after tasting it I thought it was just ok. The thyme was really overpowering and as expensive as the cheese was, you couldn't really taste it. The work involved to put it together wasn't worth the taste, but I'm glad I tried it!
As usual, Roux and Beignet stole the show and were pretty annoyed we didn't drop any crumbs for them! Overall, it was a great day with a sweet friend!

Comments

  1. This post makes me SO happy. I am blessed to be a part of your amazing and loving family and enjoy your savory and sweet creations. Cheers, love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts