Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Sweet Taste of Summer

Yum
 Today is Pre-K graduation for Marshall,
the beginning of summer and pushing us even closer to Kindergarten next year!
I wanted to make a sweet treat as a goodbye for the friends in class and to thank his teachers for the great job that they have done throughout the year. I've seen these flip flop cookies all over pintrest and on multiple blogs and I thought I could doctor them up to hand out today. I hope they are enjoyed!
 It is so simple to make these, you just dip nutter butter cookies in candy melts
I used green, blue, purple and pink and let them dry on wax paper
 While the cookies were drying I decided to make some sand out of ground gingersnaps and brown sugar. I also had these chocolate rocks so I added those too. Kids always get a kick out of  eating gross things like bug candy, chocolate dirt or rocks and to tell you the truth, so do I!
Once the cookies were dry and the sand was ready I finished off the flip flops with piped white chocolate and little flower sprinkles
 I am really happy with how they came out!
 I hope Marshall has fun handing them out to all of his sweet classmates!
 We are so proud of the great year he has had!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea - you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...