Thursday, May 3, 2012

From boredom to Biscoff Buttercream

Yum
Do you still have any Girl Scout cookies lying around? 
Every year those little temptresses come around with their wagon of cookies and if you are anything like me you just can't say no. Especially to new cookies. This year the new flavor was "Shout Outs" and the description was a buttery caramel crisp cookie. Well, when I read that I instantly thought of Biscoff cookies and spread that I'm seeing pop up all over foodie blogs everywhere. And then I just had to get them. The problem was, after I ripped open the box and dug in, I was a bit dissapointed.
They were just meh.
Boring.
Not great, but not horrible either.
It felt like they needed something
So I dipped them in Nutella- that was good
Then I dipped them in Biscoff- that was even better
Then I made a deliciously dark chocolate cupcake, whipped up a Biscoff Buttercream icing and shoved one of those cookies in the top- that was heavenly
 
It's just what the cookie needed 
Absolutely perfect!

Biscoff Buttercream
5 Tablespoons room temperature butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Biscoff spread
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 Tablespoons heavy cream

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, combine the ingredients on low speed until just combined and then raise speed to medium and whip until fluffy and fully incorporated. Pipe onto cake layers, cupcakes or spoon in your mouth. No judgement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...