Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Funday and Lundi Gras Menu

Yum
We have had a wonderful weekend, and I hope you all have enjoyed yours just as much as we have! One of my favorite things about weekends is being able to wind down on a Sunday evening in the backyard with a refreshing drink watching the kids play, and here's what we had today:
An Abita Mardi Gras Bock for the Hubby and an Italian Mango Margarita for me
these are all guesstimates, so make the drink as harmless or potent as you would like:
1/2 cup frozen diced mango
juice of 1 1/2 limes
2 Tablespoons agave nectar
2 shots of silver tequila
1 shot amaretto liqueur
1 cup ice
blend all ingredients until smooth, invite me over and serve immediately

Tomorrow is Lundi Gras, the day before Mardi Gras and I'll be making Red Beans and Rice for a little Louisiana flavor in my Austin TX kitchen!

Here’s what’s on the menu for my meals-to-go for the week:
Monday- Red Beans and Rice with Cornbread- traditional New Orleans Monday meal of red beans and andouille sausage served with rice and cornbread wedges
Blueberry Lemon Scones
Wednesday- Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops with Tropical Salsa and Cilantro Coconut Rice- pork chops marinated in a sweet and savory pineapple glaze, served with a cool tropical salsa and coconut scented rice
Friday: Stuffed Cabbage Soup- everything you love about stuffed cabbage rolls in a bowl
Don’t like to be in the kitchen or too busy to cook? Let me know if you would like to be added to the weekly dinner e mail list. All meals serve two unless otherwise noted, and I am always happy to take special requests and work them into the rotation!
As you all know I am not above begging, so please go vote for my "Jerk Fish Taco" on Facebook to help me win an iPad! It only takes a second and it it greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. i want to be on your mailing list, girlie! natcottam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...