Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cucumber Mango Salsa

Yum
To go with last night's meal of Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops and Coconut Cilantro Rice I made this fabulously refreshing salsa. I could totally see this on any grilled meat, fish, on tacos or simply served with tortilla chips. It's delicious, a little unexpected and tastes better the longer it marinates...........not that it will be around for long anyway!

Cucumber Mango Salsa
1 mango, diced
1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
1 heaping Tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 Tablespoons olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1 large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and allow to chill at least 30 minutes before serving. I love this salsa, but next time I will probably double the jalapeno. If you don't like your food as spicy, use a little less. 

Snacking on this tropical salsa makes me think of Fish Tacos..... How about giving my "Jerk Fish Taco" a couple of votes on facebook?! The contest will be open for 5 more days, and any votes are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...