Sunday, March 20, 2011

So Sweet!

Yum
I have a small obsession with foodgawker. If you've never checked it out, please do! It is a wealth of  inspiration and I love browsing through the gorgeous photography, coming across a new must try recipe and finding my next favorite foodie to follow. One of the blogs that I found is How Sweet It Is, an awesome blog that frequently has me drooling. What this girl does with cake batter will amaze you!
On foodgawker you are able to mark things as a favorite and save them in your own little "recipe corner" and these were saved in mine. One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes. Easy with minimal cleanup and producing a small amount to avoid having a dozen cupcakes tempting you from the counter to eat "just one more bite", then feeling guilty about eating your body weight in cake and icing.
Or is that just me?
Anyway, the kids and I were home while Louis was at track practice, and they had behaved so well that day instead of going out for ice cream I decided to let them help me whip these up.
I am just now realizing the irony of the fact that my husband was out running to train for a half ironman triathlon and I'm at home eating cake.
I'm pretty sure I had a lot more fun than he did!
I'm not sure why, but the recipe says that it will make 2 cupcakes and mine made 3. I had a small amount of peanut butter icing in the fridge, so to make enough for all three cupcakes I added a heaping spoonful of Nutella and topped them with shavings of dark chocolate. If you'd like to make these, find the recipe here at How Sweet It Is!
Yum!

On the menu this week:

Monday
 Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya- chicken and andouille sausage in a Louisiana style rice dish, served with a green salad
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes- Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cupcakes filled with egg-less cookie dough and topped with cookie dough icing and mini chocolate chips

Wednesday
 Sticky Teriyaki Chicken over Rice with Sesame Soy Roasted Broccoli

Friday
Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf - turkey meatloaf topped with marinara and mozzarella cheese 
served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Buttered Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...