Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Cheeselandia

Yum
Part of the fun of this little hobby that I love, is the unique experiences that come up along the way. Wisconsin Cheese Board sent me an amazing party box loaded with napkins, cheese knives, a long bread board and 5 absolutely delicious varieties of cheese so I could have a small get together and share the goodness with friends. I figured my book club, "Reading Between the Wines" would be the perfect group to invite over!
We had a book swap, cheese and Scout & Cellar wine tasting that was so much fun!

I was sent:
The Blue Jay by Deer Creek - a quintuple cream blue cheese
Red Barn Family Farms Cupola - semi-hard handcrafted cheese 
Bread Cheese (Juustoleipa) - buttery and springy, served warm
Cello Copper Kettle Parmesan - Sturdy, dense and granular
Carr Valley Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar- spicy and smooth with a touch of sweetness
I truly loved all of the cheeses, but there was definitely a favorite of the group for sure! The Wisconsin Carr Valley Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar! I had just enough left over after the party to create some Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork Tostadas the next day.
I just loaded some leftover crock pot pulled pork onto a tostada shell, sprinkled it with shredded Carr Valley Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar  and broiled it just until the cheese was melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and dig in!
Are you following me on Instagram? If not, find me HERE where you can find a few videos of my set up, weekly lunchbox posts and, as always, updates from Beignet and Roux as well! 

#Cheeselandia #WisconsinCheese #visitcheeselandia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...