Sunday, April 10, 2011

Leftover Makeover

Yum
One thing I really love to do is take the leftovers I have on hand and make something even better with it. I especially love making fantastic breakfasts with the leftovers I'm trying to use up. I could put a fried egg on just about anything and be happy with it. I know there are people out there that refuse to eat leftovers at all- I just don't understand that personally. If you use a little creativity, you really can make some leftovers into a completely new meal; like this:

This week we will be going to New Orleans and will be gone for two weeks, so my mission right now is to use up everything we have so nothing goes to waste. I had some of the roasted fajita sweet potatoes form Wednesday's dinner so I topped them with a fried egg and some tomatillo salsa. WOW was it good! I think this may be my new favorite way to cook sweet potatoes. They were great as a side to the enchiladas, work wonderfully as a fill in for hash-browns and during the week I ate them rolled up in a flour tortilla with cheese and salsa for a guilt free meatless meal.

All you need to do is peel and chop 5 sweet potatoes and toss the cubes with olive oil and a packet of fajita seasoning. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, or until tender on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside. That's it!

Here's the menu for the week:
Monday
Roasted Asparagus and Chicken and Cheese Tortellini tossed in a Roasted Red Pepper sauce with a green salad

stay tuned for what I come up with to clear out the fridge later in the week!

2 comments:

  1. is that sweet potato recipe on your blog? that sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not really a recipe, just peel and chop 5 sweet potatoes and toss with 1 packet of fajita seasoning and some oil to coat. Spread it out on a large cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 45 minutes! Easy Peasy!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...