Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bake Sales and Birthdays

Yum
The Austin Bakes for Japan bake sale was yesterday and it was a tremendous success. Over $11,000 was raised to help for the relief effort in Japan! That is an amazing amount of money to raise in one day and I am so glad I got to be a part of it! If you'd like to see some pictures of the day, check out The Kid Can Cook
Here is the Feta and Rosemary Olive Oil Shortbreads I baked!
 Today is my birthday and last night my wonderful husband gave me this beautiful cookbook and brought me to dinner at Uchi
this restaurant is insane and both times I have eaten there and at it's sister restaurant Uchiko I leave amazed at what can be done with food! If you haven't been, I highly recommend it- you will not be disappointed. He also got me an ice cream cake form my favorite ice cream shop, Austin Scoops
Chocolate cake, Sweet Cream ice cream with fresh raspberries mixed in and chocolate fudge icing YUM!
Here's what I'll be making for dinner this week:

Monday: Asian Chicken and Noodle Salad- whole wheat linguine, shredded chicken, edamame, and vegetables in a lime, soy and ginger vinaigrette

Wednesday: Beef and Cheese Enchiladas and Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Friday: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Smoked Paprika and Cilantro Cream with Onion Blue Cheese Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...