Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Shower Butterflies

Yum
 Happy Monday morning! This cake was for a baby shower on Friday and they requested a Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream. The expecting couple decorated the nursery with green rolling hills, trees and a monarch butterfly mobile that the mommy to be made herself, so I tried to mimic that on their cake. Without seeing any pictures of their room it gets nerve-wracking when you wonder if you even came close to what they were expecting to see. I was so happy to get one of the best compliments I've ever received; They liked it so much and said it was nicer than their wedding cake. I'll take it!
After the shower I was sent this picture of an adorable little boy clearly enjoying his slice. After the cake was gone he resorted to licking the plate clean to get every last crumb. I can't help but think how often I really feel like doing the exact same thing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...