Friday, April 15, 2011

Cucumber Cutie Cocktail

Yum
I've been lucky enough to have moved into a neighborhood full of amazing families and wonderful fellow moms. We are all in different stages of life, and hanging out with them is always a blast. Sometimes on a lazy afternoon or after a really trying day we will meet in the cul-de-sac for "happy hour" while the kids play. I am not a beer drinker, so a fruity cocktail is much more my speed. 
I brought this with me Wednesday evening after seeing a picture of a Pimm's cup but not having Pimm's liquor or gin I knew I had to go a different route. The cucumber and mint make the drink so refreshing and a little unexpected while the cutie orange juice gives it just the right amount of sweetness. 
I am in love with cocktails that have a savory aspect to them, and have tried many lately that have been giving me inspiration like the grilled thyme, preserved lemon and prosecco at Uchiko; sage and grapefruit smash at Jack Allen's and a jalapeno infused margarita at Chuy's to name a few. As I tell you about how well the different components go together in this drink (In the hopes that you will try it yourself and love it as much as I do) I have to be honest- this was also part of my attempt to clean out the fridge before leaving too! I had a 5 pound box of cutie oranges staring at me and half of an English cucumber to use up and I think this was the perfect way to use them! What's your favorite drink to enjoy with friends?

Cucumber Cutie Cocktail
a fleur de-lectable original

2 large mint sprigs
4 thick slices english cucumber
2 oz. vodka
1/4 cup cutie orange juice
1 Tbsp agave nectar

In a large cocktail shaker top 1 large mint sprig and 3 slices of cucumber with crushed ice. Muddle with the handle of a wooden kitchen spoon until mint and cucmber are broken up. Top with vodka, orange juice and agave. Shake and strain into your serving glass, Garnish with remaining cucumber and mint.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...