Sunday, May 1, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

Yum

One of the many things I love about spring is the abundance of berries available at stores and farmer's markets. Raspberries are one of my favorite things and combining them with chocolate just seems natural. While raspberry and dark chocolate is usually my first pick, recently I saw a recipe for white chocolate cake and thought how perfect they would be paired with raspberry. 
The White Chocolate Cake recipe is here
I baked it in cupcake liners, allowed them to cool and then filled the center with raspberry preserves. I topped them with a White chocolate Buttercream icing that was a delicious mistake. I went to make vanilla buttercream icing and had no heavy cream. What I did have was my white chocolate flavored coffee creamer, and it was an awesome substitute! I am already looking forward to checking out what other coffee creamer flavors I could use for icings........Irish cream, Amaretto or Caramel Cream anyone?

White Chocolate Buttercream
10 Tbsp room temperature un-salted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
pinch of salt
2 tbsp white chocolate flavored coffee creamer

In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, sugar and salt and whip on medium speed until combined. Slowly drizzle coffee creamer into the mix and continue to beat on medium to medium high speed until fully incorporated, light and fluffy.
On the menu for this week:
Monday: Root Beer Glazed Shredded Pork with Mac and Cheese

Wednesday: Pizza Soup with Parmesan Pull Apart Rolls- pepperoni and Italian sausage with mushrooms and peppers in an Italian tomato broth

Friday: Chicken Marsala Pasta- Chicken, Mushroom and Sausage Pasta in a creamy Parmesan Marsala sauce


1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed with your writing talents as smartly as with the format to your blog.
    Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self?
    Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it's rare to
    see a nice weblog like this one today..

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...