Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Yum
Happy Mother's Day! 
Today I woke up to the sound of hissing........it kind of alarmed me and as I laid there I was going through my half asleep mind trying to figure out what the sound could possibly be.
Then I realized it's Mother's Day and that hissing sound I was hearing was my husband pushing around the steam mop.
Epic win!

We (when I say we, I mean my husband) are boiling 50 pounds of crawfish today and having some neighbors and friends over to join us. I am so excited, and I'm hoping there are tons of leftovers. All the posts on facebook about everyone in New Orleans going to Jazzfest is really making me jealous and I'm dying for some crawfish bread! I hope all you mamas out there have a fabulous day full of relaxation and being spoiled!

Above is a picture of the cake I made for my neighbor for her Mother's Day family get-together. She asked for a cake with a butterfly so this is what I came up with; a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream, and a mound of purple and blue hydrangeas with a chocolate butterfly. On the side is chocolate raspberry cream cheese cake truffles in matching white and blue white chocolate.

Here's what's on the menu this week:
Monday: Chicken Pot Pie with Cream Cheese and Chive Biscuits


Wednesday: Mexican Mac and Cheese with a green salad


Friday: New Orleans Style White Beans and Rice with Cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...