Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hail Caesar!

Yum
I love a good salad, and growing up we had salad along side our meals almost every night. I have been experimenting lately trying to make indulgent things a little more healthy and using healthy swaps more often. Caesar dressing, Alfredo sauce, Carbonara and Fried Chicken all belong to the same "I really love you, but can't eat you without feeling immediately guilty" category for me. I never order them in restaurants and I never make them at home. 

I came across a recipe on foodgawker for Caesar dressing using tofu as the base and saved it and I'm so glad I did! The flavor is wonderful and it's so easy to make. I made mine in a small smoothie blender and have used it on salads and as a dip for celery and carrot sticks too. I think it could also be a great spread for a wrap or as the dressing for a pasta or potato salad.  

Tofu Caesar Dressing
recipe from Back to Her Roots
1/4 c. silken tofu
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. anchovy paste
4 T. grated parmesan cheese
2 T. mayonnaise
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small clove garlic, minced

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Let chill in refrigerator at least two hours for flavors to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...