Thursday, May 5, 2011

Strawberry Wine Coolers

Yum
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
This drink doesn't contain tequila or lime, but it's still very pretty and is so quick to put together. I really liked the idea of being able to make my own wine cooler and not have it loaded with sickly sweet corn syrup, fake colors, and additives. Pour yourself one of these and you'll find yourself wishing you were in a rocking-chair on a southern porch somewhere. 
This recipe is from The Lee Brothers
Their book Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor   showcases fresh southern cuisine and I can't wait to try more recipes from them soon!

Strawberry Wine Coolers
1 pound strawberries, cleaned and hulled
2 ounces vodka
pinch of kosher salt
2 750-mL bottles off-dry white wine
 
Combine the strawberries, vodka, salt, and 2 cups of the wine in a blender.
Puree on the highest setting until the mixture is frothy and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher, pressing the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
Add the remaining wine to the pitcher, stir and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours before serving.

 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds delicious, I've seen also wine cooler and it's wow! with frozen pineapple slices inside. The taste really great and unique. I wanna try this one also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the idea of being able to make my own wine cooler and not have it loaded with sickly sweet corn syrup, fake colors, and additives. best room cooler price

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to make it by myself. I think it could be my next favourite drink :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...