Friday, November 1, 2019

Soup Weather Roundup

Yum
Happy Friday! 
I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Even though the weather decided to become damp and frigid, my kids had a blast running through the neighborhood with friends collecting as much candy as they could! To help keep warm this weekend, I thought it would be nice to share a roundup of my favorite cozy soups and stews with you! I'd love to know, what's the first thing you make when it starts to get chilly?

I have to share this Mushroom Chicken Marsala Chili first since I've had 3 friends recently say that they made this and loved it! That literally makes my week when someone tries a recipe of mine and tells me about it! It is so yummy and really easy to make too!
You had to know Chicken, Andouille and Tasso Gumbo would make the list, right? This was the first recipe I ever entered into a contest 12 years ago and that started me on this crazy cooking contest habit. I thought I had died and gone to heaven to be able to go and make this on a Food Network show! Total once in a lifetime opportunity- and gumbo.

 A few days ago a friend of mine made this Pumpkin Amaretto Bisque with Blue Cheese Honey Crostini for a fall themed luncheon and I was so happy she reported back that everyone loved it! I think it screams fall flavors and feels decadent as well!

I really love it and I think it's one of the most underused veggies out there. It's always in season and not very expensive either. Shaved super thinly in a salad, roasted with Parmesan, caramelized and added to bolognese...I could think of a million ways where fennel just adds a certain subtle sweetness that can bring a dish a notch up instantly.
Cauli-fredo Bisque with Roasted Caprese Relish - this creamy cauliflower alfredo soup with sweet roasted tomatoes on top is gluten free and so creamy good! Definitely perfect for sweater weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...