Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dill and Cheddar Gougeres

Yum
After making the dill vinaigrette I posted here I still had a good amount of dill left over. I've always been intrigued by Gougeres but never got around to making them. The process looks fairly simple and uses everyday ingredients that most people already have on hand. I found a recipe for Cheddar Gougeres that included dill and since we were having a friend over for dinner I thought this might be a perfect starter for our night.   
The batter came together even easier than I thought, they came out of the oven puffed and golden and looked like little balls of golden cheesy perfection. I couldn't wait to try one hot out of the oven.
And when I did........well,
I have to be honest I was really disappointed. The beautiful looking puffs really lacked any flavor; I couldn't taste the cheese or the dill in them at all.
Maybe next time I will double the herbs and use a stronger cheese like Gruyere or Parmesan, add some black pepper and maybe sprinkle the tops with a dash of smoked paprika. Here is a link to the recipe: Cheddar and Dill Gougeres  if you happen to have a recipe for these beautiful puffs that is more successful please pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...