Saturday, February 12, 2011

Iron Man Muffins

Yum
February 5 was "World Nutella Day" so of course every food blog I love was featuring a new and inventive way to use Nutella. Muffins, cookies, pies, milkshakes, fried pies, you get the idea!

I came across a recipe for Banana Nutella Muffins, and as soon as I saw them I knew I had to make them........and give them away. You see, I have a friend that is full on addicted to the Nutella and banana combo. Iron Mikey is the most love-able and inspiring person I have ever met, and I am blessed to be able to consider him a friend. I would adopt him if that were possible. So if you knew a person like that, wouldn't you make him a muffin filled with his favorite things?

I thought so.
So that's what I did.

After Louis' birthday dinner got canceled we planned to head to Uchiko on a double date with Mikey, and I brought these along with me. I really hope he liked them, I know my kids gobbled them up!

Banana Nutella Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
About 1/2 cup Nutella

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, oil, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups. With a toothpick, swirl in the Nutella, about 1 teaspoon each. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...