Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Watermelon Mai Tai

Yum
Remember that gorgeous yellow watermelon I made the Watermelon Wedge Salads with Mint Pesto with? I had some cubed watermelon leftover and decided to make a cocktail perfect for the weekend!
My Watermelon Mai Tais are absolute perfection and really make me wish I was still on vacation in Mexico and not gearing up for another school year! I can't believe my kids start on Tuesday and we will find out which teachers we get this afternoon.
What's your favorite tropical drink?
Watermelon Mai Tai
5 ounces spiced rum
3 ounces coconut-flavored rum
4 ounces pineapple juice
4 ounces orange juice
4 ounces watermelon juice
3 cups ice cubes
Mint sprigs, cherries and orange slices for garnish

Place the 4 ounces of the spiced rum, the coconut rum and juices in a pitcher and stir. Fill 2 cocktail glasses with ice and fill with the cocktail. Top each glass off with the remaining spiced rum, garnish the glasses and serve!
Makes 2 cocktails.
Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! 
You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...