Thursday, August 8, 2019

Star Spangled Cheese Ball

Yum
 
 I don't know about you, but for me, any kind of party or gathering I host needs some kind of cheese and chips and dip situation and I am SO excited to share what I came up with today!
Hellmann's Deli Club is hosting a Red White and Blue Challenge right now and this is my entry! 
It literally couldn't be simpler to throw together (my kids helped me make it) and can we just talk about how cute this is?! Perfect for Labor Day, the last of the Summer picnics or get together you're planning before school starts or just for yourself- I won't judge!
My daughter has already requested bite sized versions of these to be made for her lunchbox.
Using only a handful of ingredients this snack comes together in about 5 minutes, can totally be made ahead AND is gluten free. Let's dig in!
Star Spangled Cheese Ball
For the Cheese Ball:
2 cups blue corn tortilla chips
1 cup room temperature chive and onion cream cheese
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 Tablespoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise

For Decoration and Serving:
1 slice Monterrey Jack cheese
1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
Sliced red bell pepper
Cherry tomatoes
Parmesan Cheese Crisps

To make the cheese ball, place the tortilla chips in a ziptop bag and crush using a rolling pin or the bottom of a glass, until the chips are fine like breadcrumbs. Pour the crumbs onto a plate. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and Hellmann’s mayonnaise until well incorporated. Using a spatula, scoop the mixture into a ball in the bowl and then turn out onto the chip crumbs in the plate. Roll the mixture around in the crumbs shaping the mixture into a ball and completely coating the outside of the cheese with the chip crumbs. place the cheese ball on a serving platter.

To decorate, use a small star shaped cookie cutter to cut out mini stars from the slice of Monterrey Jack cheese. Place the stars all over the cheese ball. Arrange the blue corn tortilla chips, sliced red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese Crisps around the cheese ball and serve.
Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!

2 comments:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...