Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Corn and Edamame Salad

Yum
A few weeks ago I went to the Winery I am a member of for their quarterly pick up party. After seeing the plates of food being served I did not have high hopes of how it would taste. The chicken, sauce and grits looked questionable at best but on the side there was a fresh salad of edamame, corn, red onion and okra that I could not stop eating! It was so simple but really delicious and I haven't been able to get that combo off my mind. Perfect on it's own as a side, added to a pasta or green salad this dish has loads of potential!
I think it earns bonus points for being gluten free, vegetarian and only 6 ingredients!

Corn and Edamame Salad
1 ½ cups edamame
1 ½ cups fire roasted corn and peppers
2 Tablespoons minced shallot
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well mixed. This salad is equally delicious served at room temperature or made ahead and chilled.


Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! 
You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...