Friday, June 14, 2019

Greek Style Grilled Corn Salad

Yum
Grilled corn on the cob just screams summer, doesn't it?!
It's super sweet right now, and since it's in season, it's been super cheap as well.
I'm in love with this simple, fresh and totally gorgeous salad and I hope you love it just as much as I do! It's the perfect side dish for a picnic, potluck or BBQ since it only gets better as it sits and marinates. No wilty greens here!

It's no secret to anyone that knows me how bad I am at growing anything. I'm like hospice for plants; once they come to my house it's just a matter of time before they're withered and brown. But, lucky for me, my awesome neighbors love to garden and love to share. I was gifted some gorgeous tomatoes the other night (Thanks Doris and Tony!) and the combo of the just picked tomatoes and super sweet corn sparked my idea for this salad.
Grilled corn kernels are tossed with fresh tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, briny kalamata olives and a bit of jalapeno (if you're a ninny, just leave that out) - all dressed in a lemon Greek vinaigrette and topped with feta cheese and you're good to go!
Tell me, what's your go-to side dish for all of your summer parties?

Greek Style Grilled Corn Salad
6 ears corn
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 Teaspoon dried Greek seasoning
½ teaspoon minced garlic
3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup diced cucumber
½ cup halved assorted cherry tomatoes
¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
1 small jalapeno, sliced
½ cup feta cheese crumbles

Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Brush the ears of corn with the oil and place on the grill, turning every few minutes for 10-12 minutes total, or until charred on all sides. Remove from the grill, allow to cool slightly and cut the kernels off the cobs.
Place the Greek seasoning, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a small mason jar and shake well to combine.

Place the grilled corn kernels and vinaigrette in a large mixing bowl and stir to evenly coat all of the kernels. Gently stir in the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and jalapeno. Pour the mixture onto a large serving plate. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, although we (Greeks) don't traditionally put corn in our salad, I adore the idea! I'll definitely try this soon, because I don't have corn today :P Keep giving us awesome & tasty ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE grilled corn during the summer months! This recipe looks so yummy and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...