Monday, June 3, 2019

Chile Relleno Cornbread Avocado Toast

Yum
Remember that Chile Relleno Cornbread I made?
It's absolutely delicious served as a side to a bowl of chili, slathered with butter straight out of the oven or since I can't get enough of  avocado toast - toasted and topped with mashed avocado and fresh tomatoes!
If you really want to, I bet a fried egg would be amazing on this as well.
All that's missing is the mimosas and this would be the perfect brunch!
Tell me what your favorite brunch dish is.....
Chile Relleno Cornbread Avocado Toast
2 ripe avocados, mashed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked coarse black pepper

Turn broiler on high.
Place the cornbread slices on a small cookie sheet and place on the highest shelf of the oven. Watch very closely to prevent burning, and toast for about 3 minutes, or until the bread is browned around the edges. Remove the pan form the oven, flip the bread over and toast the other side, an additional 3 minutes.
Top each piece of toast with mashed avocado, tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately. 

Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux! 

7 comments:

  1. I seriously got hungry just reading this post. It looks so good and wholesome! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I can't get enough of avocado toast ;)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to make this! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned your cornbread recipe & this is GENIUS!! Love avocado toast & this takes it to a new level. Thanks, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I didn't Pin it but copied it into my files.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...