Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Everything Bagel Waffles with Avocado and Smoked Salmon

Yum
Happy first official day of Spring!! The kids are off for Spring Break this week and we've been having gorgeous weather, so naturally both of them are congested, sneezing and coughing their heads off. Since we're not having to get up super early and rush out of the door for school, I've been able to take my time and make some pretty delish breakfast dishes for us each morning. This is an idea I've had in my notebook for a while now and I'm so glad I finally made them.  I took Everything Bagel Seasoning and added it to my waffle batter!!! Top that with a schmear of cream cheese, avocado, red onion and smoked salmon and dig in. I think this would be the perfect Mother's Day brunch dish, don't you?! All that's missing is the mimosas!
Everything Bagel Waffles with Avocado and Smoked Salmon

1 ½ cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese spread
1 large avocado, sliced thinly
16 thin slices red onion
8 ounces smoked salmon
1 lemon, cut into wedges
 
Pre-heat a waffle iron to medium high heat.

Whisk together the waffle mix and everything bagel seasoning until well combined. Add the water and oil and stir only a few times- leaving lumps in the batter is good!

Spray the waffle iron with canola oil spray and pour spoonfuls of batter onto the hot waffle iron. Allow to cook until crisp and browned, about 5 minutes.

Once waffles have cooked, spread with an even layer of cream cheese. Top with avocado, red onion and smoked salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.

Serves 8.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...