Thursday, August 11, 2016

Feta Filled Street Corn Grilled Avocado Cups

Yum
After having a crazy busy month and being gone from home for 2 weeks (more on that later) I was more than ready to get back to my kitchen and start cooking! Nikos Feta is hosting an awesome contest right now, and I'm excited to share my entries!
First up is my Feta Filled Street Corn Grilled Avocado Cups. If you have read my blog before at all, you know I have a serious crush on Mexican Street Corn and this dish highlights everything I love about the taco truck staple. 

Feta Filled Street Corn Grilled Avocado Cups
4 ripe Avocados, halved and pit removed
2 teaspoons oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup pre-cooked wild rice
1 (11 oz) can Mexi Corn, drained
8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges

Heat a grill pan over high heat. Brush the avocado halves with the oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Place the avocados on the grill pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Remove from the grill and place on a serving platter.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, lime zest, lime juice, mayonnaise and chili powder. Add the wild rice and corn to the dressing and stir to coat evenly. Gently stir in the bacon, feta and cilantro.
Spoon the mixture into and around the grilled avocado cups. Serve immediately with lime wedges.




1 comment:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...