Monday, May 18, 2015

Little's Lunches 21

Yum
Happy Monday! We had a jam-packed week filled with fun, I hope you did as well!
We had family and friends in town visiting all week, a few BBQ's, a concert, a crawfish boil and even a tornado warning! Never a dull moment!
Here's what I packed in the lunchboxes this week:
Monday: Tortellini Pasta Salad, mushrooms and carrots with Ranch, flatbread and sunflower seeds with dried cranberries
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Sandwich on a Whole Wheat bun, baby carrots and bell pepper slices and Bunny Grahams
Wednesday: My parents were in town (yay for free babysitters!) so they went and had lunch at school with the kids and then that night Louis and I got to go to the Dave Matthews Concert. It rained on and off the entire time, but we had a blast anyway
 Thursday: Ham, pita chips, pickles, bell peppers and carrots with cilantro ranch dip, coleslaw and prunes
 Friday: Broccoli salad, crackers, half of a puff pastry mini-letta swirl, sunflower seeds, applesauce, baby carrots and olives
On Saturday, we hosted the office crawfish boil for the 5th year in a row! We had a TON of food and I was exhausted on Sunday from all of it, but we had a great time! The day before, when I was doing the massive grocery run I somehow scratched my cornea in the middle of HEB and had to have my mom drive me straight to the eye doctor so I was a little frazzled and didn't get a ton of pictures of the food that day, but here's the rundown of what we served:
Beer, Wine, Margaritas, Iced Tea, Sodas and Juice Boxes
Boiled Crawfish with mushrooms, sausage, corn, potatoes and garlic
bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers stuffed with Cajun sausage
bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno
Homemade Salsa and guacamole with chips
Beer Cheese Spread with pita chips
Veggie Tray
Fruit Tray
Grilled Hot Dogs for the kids
Grilled Boudin and Alligator Sausage
Po Boys- Ham and Cheddar, Ham and Swiss and Italian Cold Cut
Crawfish Cupcakes
 WHEW!! I really felt like I bought out HEB and Costco but I think everyone enjoyed themselves!What is your go to dish to serve at parties? I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...