Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cheesy Corndog Mini Muffins

Yum

Pinterest is my newest obsession that has kept me up in the wee hours browsing and pinning clothes I will never own, crafts I will never get around to making and places I will never visit. If you think Facebook is a time sucker, Pinterest is by far worse.........and I highly recommend it!
I am in LOVE.
Of course, it should come as no surprise that I have a folder (or two) of food, cakes and recipes saved on my page. That's where I got the idea for these

Who doesn't love a corndog?!
I certainly do and if my kids had any say in it they would eat them every day. So when I saw the link to this recipe I figured I could change it up to use things I already had around and make this super cute snack "mini" for the little ones.
And I added cheese
Because what kid doesn't want everything topped with cheese

Cheesy Corndog Mini Muffins
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
14 Turkey 'lil smokies, cut into 4
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese


Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl stir together cornbread mix, hot dog rounds, egg and milk until combined. Set batter aside for 10 minutes. Fill the batter evenly into each muffin cup and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.


Here's what I'm cooking this week:
Monday: Shredded Chicken Caesar Sandwiches on homemade buns with Cucumber Tomato Salad
Peach Oatmeal Muffins


Wednesday: Chicken and Andouille Gumbo with Rice


Friday: we will have family in town so we will be eating out




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...