Thursday, August 4, 2011

7-Up Biscuits

Yum
I've seen these biscuits all over food blogs and various recipe websites that I browse regularly
I had saved one copy a while ago to try one rainy day because of the super short ingredient list and easy directions. The recipe intrigued me and I knew eventually I would get around to making them but was in no real rush to do so.
Then, the other day when I saw the same recipe I had saved and looked at numerous times on yet another blog be described as tasting just like "Popeye's Biscuits"

I went to the store the very next day, got the ingredients and made two batches of them
They didn't taste exactly like Popeye's biscuits, but really are delicious and very easy to make. When I was at the store buying the baking mix I opted to get the whole wheat instead of the regular. I have a feeling that may be why they were not exactly as the recipe suggested but I will definitely be making them again anyway
Whole Wheat 7-Up Biscuits
adapted from here

4 cups whole wheat baking mix
1 cup sour cream
6 ounces 7-Up

Mix the sour cream into the biscuit mix, using a pastry blender or two table knives, until mixture is crumbly. Add 7-Up all at once, stir quickly with a large fork.
Turn out onto lightly floured board and quickly knead 6-8 times. Don't overmix or biscuits will be tough. Pat into a square and cut into about 18 equal pieces using a knife dipped in flour. Can also use a 2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter.
Preheat oven to 400° and cook biscuits for about 7 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...