Friday, July 12, 2019

Eggs Benedict Mini Naan Pizzas

Yum
This is what happens when Eggs Benedict and Pizza have a baby! 
I adore Eggs Benedict in all forms, and 9 out of 10 times that's what I'm getting if it's on a menu. I am much more excited about savory egg filled brunch dishes than I am about sweet ones. And I feel no shame in eating cold pizza for breakfast either, so this really is a mash up of two of my favorite breakfasty (is that a word?) guilty pleasures.
One of the things that makes this recipe so easy is the shortcut Hollandaise sauce! There are many brands of sauce packets out there and they all call for different ingredients. This is the one I used, but feel free to use whatever brand you can find. AND if you feel like really bringing it, by all means, make a homemade batch!
Let's discuss the Naan bread for a second. Are you familiar with them? It's really just a pre-cooked Indian flatbread that is baked in a clay oven until pillowy and puffy and slightly charred. Absolutely delicious and the perfect swap for pizza crust! I have found them in the deli section and bakery department of my local grocery store, in the bread aisle at Costco and in the freezer section at Trader Joes. They're delicious warm served with hummus, spinach dip or any soup or stew!
Eggs Benedict Mini Naan Pizzas
1 packet Hollandaise Sauce Mix
1 Tablespoon butter
6 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tablespoons whole milk
¾ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
6 mini naan breads
1 ½ cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
¾ cup chopped Canadian bacon
3 Tablespoons chives

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Prepare the Hollandaise sauce according to the package directions. 

In a small non-stick skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and seasoning in a small bowl. Pour the eggs into the melted butter and cook while constantly stirring, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the eggs look like they’re coming together but still very soft.

Spread each naan crust with some of the hollandaise sauce, scrambled eggs, cheese and Canadian bacon. Place the pizzas in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chives and drizzle with remaining sauce.
Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!



5 comments:

  1. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and
    visual appearance. I must say you've done a awesome job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Safari.

    Exceptional Blog! I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours as of late, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.

    It is lovely price sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just
    right content material as you did, the internet will
    likely be a lot more useful than ever before. I am
    sure this article has touched all the internet
    users, its really really good article on building up new
    weblog. http://foxnews.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy. adding to my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! So creative and looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...