Friday, June 7, 2019

Cedar Planked Salmon Guacamole

Yum

When I saw the “Cedar Bay Grilling Blogger Recipe Challenge” I immediately knew I had to enter. I absolutely love salmon and jumped at the chance to create recipes that highlight one of my favorite ingredients. I totally did not expect the level of deliciousness of the samples I was sent. It is literally the easiest product I've ever worked with - you open the package, set it on the grill or in the oven and in 20 minutes it's done. For real. That's it.
What comes out is showstoppingly (made that up) gorgeous and the flavor is through the roof. As much as I love cedar planked salmon, I usually forget to soak the boards before I want to use them. This has completely fixed that problem. All the work is done for you and the smokiness from the cedar board and the seasoning blends on the salmon just can't be beat.
For my Entertaining / Appetizer Category entry I took the Sugar & Spice Cedar Planked Salmon and mixed it up with one of my absolute party favorite appetizers!
Cedar Planked Salmon Guacamole
The sweet and spicy flaked salmon has a slight smokiness that pairs perfectly with the fresh lime, creamy avocado and spicy roasted jalapenos. Served with toasted garlicky naan flatbread wedges and tortilla chips, I'm in heaven!
I know this is an appetizer, meant to share with family and friends, but if you decide to make this your meal I would totally understand.
Cedar Planked Salmon Guacamole
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 jalapeno peppers
4 garlic flavored naan flatbreads
6 large ripe avocados, peel and pit removed
6 Tablespoons lime juice
6 Tablespoons minced red onion
¾ cup chopped cilantro
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 large bag corn tortilla chips

Pre-heat a grill to 425 degrees. Remove the Planked Salmon Filet from the wrapper and place directly on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 12 minutes.
While the salmon is cooking, brush the oil evenly over the jalapenos. Once the salmon has cooked for 12 minutes, place the jalapenos on the grill next to the plank, close the lid and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove the salmon when it easily flakes and the jalapeno when it is well charred and place on a sheet pan to slightly cool.
Place the naan flatbreads on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until warmed through and slightly crisp. Remove from the grill, slice into wedges and place on a serving platter.

Remove the stem and seeds from the charred jalapenos and chop them. Using a fork, gently flake the salmon into bite sized pieces, discarding the skin and plank.
Place the avocado in a large mixing bowl and coarsely mash them with the back of a fork. Gently stir in the lime juice, red onion, cilantro, salt, chopped jalapeno and most of the flaked salmon, reserving ¼ cup for garnish.


Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and top with remaining flaked salmon. Serve with warm naan flatbread wedges and tortilla chips.
You can find delicious Cedar Bay Grilling Company's award-winning frozen Salmon products that bring the best of Atlantic Canada to homes around the world HERE
Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant eagle, Stop n Shop and Roche Bros
#cedarbaygrilling #cedarbaysalmon  #cedarbayrecipechallenge
Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter 

for more recipe ideas and to find out more about their delicious products!

2 comments:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...