Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prep Day for BBB

Yum
Upon arriving to Chicago for the cook off we were spoiled immediately. Staying at the gorgeous Hotel Palomar was such a treat and the  bottle of wine and beautiful set of salt and pepper grinders made such a lovely welcome gift!
I was so excited to see where we would be cooking the day of the event, and the World of Whirlpool Building didn't disappoint. Below is a picture of the kitchen I got to prep in and I was really sad I didn't get to take it home with me. Although I'm not sure how long it would stay all white with my kids! I got to review all the ingredients that were bought for me and set up all of the tools I had taken with me. I'm sure airport security thought I was a little strange to have chili powder, knives, a food scale and a cookie sheet in my luggage.
The night before the cook off we were treated to a beautiful dinner at Fulton's on the River
put on by the Trinchero Family Vineyards  with a wide selection of their wines to try. The restaurant is located directly downstairs from the rooftop that we would be grilling on the next day.
The building itself is stunning and it was so nice to sit by the water as the sun set.
Nothing like seeing your name on the TV screens to make you feel special!
The set up in front of my cook-station where people were able to sample my burger and vote for their "fan favorite"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...