Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Yum
 I hope you are all having a Happy Halloween! We really had so much fun with the kids this year carving their pumpkins and getting geared up for Halloween night!
 As a thank you treat for Marshall's teachers I decided to make chocolate covered caramel apples. I used Granny Smiths since those are my favorite and they pair so well with caramel. I stuck the wooden stick through the core after scrubbing the skin with really hot water and a scrubber brush to remove any wax on the skin. Then I placed a green apple sour straw flavored candy on the wooden stick to act as the pumpkin's stem. After that I dipped each apple in melted caramels and then dipped them in a layer of orange candy coating. I cut fondant pieces for the face of the pumpkins and even thought they didn't come out as perfectly as the idea I had in my mind, I was still happy with the end result. I hope his teachers were too!
 Trick or Treat!

 Packaged up and ready to go!
 My Knight in Shining Armor ready for school.......and my princess still in pj's
 Enjoying the one extra apple I made!!

1 comment:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...