Saturday, March 6, 2010

50th Wedding Anniversary

Yum
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to do a cake for a couple that was celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I was so happy to be able to do it, and it was fun to do an adult cake for a change. The cake was Italian Cream Cake with Cream Cheese icing. Italian Cream cakes can be a rather heavy cake sometimes but the recipe I used really lightened it by dividing the egg whites and beating them to stiff peaks and then folding that into the buttermilk cake batter with toasted pecans and coconut. I was so happy with the flavor of this cake mixed with the rich cream cheese icing. The 50 topper was found at Michael's and I handmade the carnations with white gumpaste and painted the tips with gold luster dust to give it a really pretty gold shine.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, I'm late to the party! But I LOVE your blog! Keep at it...it's hard work, but I'll help by spreading the word! Sorry I took so long to visit...pretty busy these days!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem girl! thanks so much for the support! I'm not nearly as good of a writer as you are, but I'm trying!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...