Friday, September 30, 2016

Mann's Muffulettas

Yum
New Orleans is famous for the muffuletta- a delicious sandwich loaded with Italian cold cuts, cheeses and a marinated mixed olive salad. Growing up, I had my fair share of muffulettas from all over town, but it wasn't until I was in college that I found my favorite version. I was going to school at UNO and there was a hole in the wall daiquiri shop and cafe right down the street from school that did something I had never seen before- they toasted theirs! Every other place I had been served them cold, but once I tried their version with melty cheese and toasted bread that was soaking up all of the juices from the olive salad I was hooked!
Cooking Contest Central and Mann's is hosting a blogger recipe contest using their Broccoli Cole Slaw and my entry combines their delicious and healthy slaw mix with the classic flavors of a toasted muffuletta sandwich! The slaw is delicious on it's own, but it really gives a great crunch and texture to this sandwich!
Mann's Muffulettas
1 (12 oz) bag Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
1/3 cup sliced black olives
1/3 cup sliced green olives
2/3 cup chopped giardiniera (jarred mixed pickled vegetables)
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 ciabatta rolls
18 ounces shaved deli ham
6 ounces slices soppressata
9 ounces sliced provolone cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 
In a medium sized mixing bowl toss together the Broccoli Cole Slaw, sliced black and green olives, chopped giardiniera, Italian dressing and salt until well combined. Set in the refrigerator to chill.
Place the ciabatta rolls cut side up on a large cookie sheet. Top each roll bottom with equal amounts of ham, soppressata and then provolone cheese. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bun tops are lightly toasted.
Remove the tray from the oven, top each sandwich bottom with an equal amount of the muffuletta broccoli slaw and then the toasted sandwich top. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...