Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baptisms and Birthdays

Yum
This past weekend a friend's beautiful little boy was baptized
and I made them a cake for the occasion
vanilla cake and buttercream with raspberry filling, one of my favorite flavor combos.
While making this cake I couldn't help but be a little sad remembering my own little baby boy's baptism
and that little baby boy of mine will be 5 years old in a few days

5 years old!

I went to buy him some clothes for his birthday and had to go to an entirely different section to find 5T clothes.....the boys section. The toddler/baby section ends at 4T in the store I was in and I was so sad to have to walk the five feet across the aisle and find "big boy clothes" for my child who is now apparently a big boy now.

It's not like I didn't know this was coming, this is actually a big weekend for us;
Louis' grandmother's birthday, Louis and I's 5 year anniversary and our surprise wedding gift is now turning 5 (I obviously knew we were having Marshall, I just didn't think I'd go into labor right after getting married)

As I know every parent does when birthdays roll around,  you remember the day your child was born. You think about what you were doing, where you were at and laugh about how naive you were about just how much your entire world would change in an instant.
For us we knew that day was a big one, we just had no idea how big
I had a doctor's appointment that morning and as I was leaving he said "see you next week" 
we both had no idea that I would be in labor that same night

From that night to this very day Marshall has surprised me at every turn 
he is sweet and silly, headstrong and curious
and I am so lucky that he is ours

here's what I'm cooking this week: 
Monday: Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Zucchini
              Banana Nutella Muffins

Wednesday: Black Eyed Peas and Cornbread

Friday: Marshall's Birthday Dinner

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... we may need that cake for Michael's baptism on Sept 25. :) Happy birthday, Marshall!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...