Friday, August 16, 2019

DIY Drinkable Yogurts

Yum
My kids love those bottled drinkable yogurts. They're delicious, most have a decent amount of protein in them and they're easy to grab on busy mornings. The problem I have with most of them is how expensive they are (some are almost $2 a piece) and a lot of them are loaded with sugar especially the ones that are marketed specifically for kids. 
I decided to make my own and it's almost embarrassingly easy to do. 
Still delicious, way cheaper and loads less added (and unneeded) sugar!
You can obviously do any flavor your family likes best, my kids love vanilla the most but strawberry, cherry, blueberry and peach are all winners in this house!

I usually buy the 32 ounce tubs of yogurt and either mix a batch in my Nutra Bullet or a small Tupperware pitcher and then it's ready to pour in the mornings or after school. 
Paired with fresh fruit or toast, it can be a full meal as well!
DIY Drinkable Yogurts
1 cup low fat Greek yogurt (any flavor works)
½ cup low fat milk

Whisk together the yogurt and milk until smooth
Pour into cups with a straw and serve

Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! 
You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...