Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Thai Coconut Shrimp Ceviche

Yum
 One of my favorite things about traveling is the food I get to experience along the way. I get so much inspiration from restaurants, menus and regional dishes I try, and many times, that inspiration is what leads me to the next meal I cook for my family. Last week, when I was visiting St Louis,  I just wanted a few appetizers for dinner since our lunch was so filling. That led us to a Peruvian restaurant around the corner from our hotel where my husband had ceviche as his meal. While the experience was great, the dish left me wanting more and when I got home and started thinking of new entries I could create for the BLENDABELLA Blogger Challenge, I immediately knew what to make!
My Thai Coconut Shrimp Ceviche is packed with flavor thanks to Coconut Thai BLENDABELLA and with only a few ingredients and minimal prep, this delicious dish comes together in minutes. And I know that ceviche can alarm people sometimes due to the traditional raw shrimp being cooked in lime juice recipe, but this one starts with pre-cooked tiny shrimp so there's no worries when it comes to food safety for your guests or family!
Luckily, my family will try almost anything I cook, but even I was surprised when the whole bowl was finished in one day! My son snacked on it while doing homework and even packed a container of it for his lunch today. I'm pretty sure he's the only 6th grader today with ceviche in his lunchbox.

Thai Coconut Shrimp Ceviche
1 pound cooked salad shrimp
1 cup sliced canned hearts of palm
¾ cup full fat coconut milk
2 green onions, sliced
1 Tablespoon lime juice
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Gently stir together the shrimp, hearts of palm, coconut milk, Coconut Thai BLENDABELLA, green onions, lime juice and half of the cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve immediately.
This dish can be served on its own as an appetizer or scooped as a dip with Tortilla Chips, Lettuce Cups or Crackers.
#BLENDABELLA #coconutThai
If you can't find BLENDABELLA in your local grocery store, you can purchase it online HERE
Be sure to follow them on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest too for recipe ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...