Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Granola Chai Muffins

Yum
 I love Costco, and even though I technically don't NEED a whole pallet of toilet paper I love getting a good deal when I can find one. I recently purchased a large box of Pumpkin Flax granola thinking that I would use it as cereal for the kids in the morning and to make parfaits with yogurt and fruit. But, as much as I tried to push it,  my kids just are not going for it. So that leaves me challenged with sneaking healthy pumpkin flax granola into baked goods so they don't know that they are eating it.
And I am happy to tell you that I have succeeded. I took some of my granola and soaked it in chai tea concentrate (another delicious Costco find) and put it in these muffins with raisins, honey and buttermilk. They are not overly sweet and are really delicious warm!
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!

Granola Chai Muffins
1 cup granola (I use Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola)
1/2 cup Chai tea concentrate (I use Tazo Chai Tea Latte Concentrate)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup raisins

In a small bowl combine the granola and chai tea concentrate and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use liners.
In a large bowl pour the chai granola mixture with the oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, and buttermilk and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients together. Mix all ingredients together until combined. Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...