Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jar-garitas

Yum
 
Jar-garitas
yeah, you heard me right
margaritas made in a large batch, poured into mason jars and stored in the freezer
when you feel like it's time for a refreshing end to your day...or afternoon, just grab one out and shake it up
you end up with frosty perfection in an instant
I've seen this idea numerous places so I don't know where exactly it originated but I want to thank the first person that made these!
Genius.
No one wants to be stuck squeezing limes in the corner to make everyone a drink at a party and this is the perfect way to avoid that
I always make my drinks to taste, not by measurement and this is what I did:
In batches blend 1/2 of a small seedless watermelon, 1 cucumber, a large handful of fresh mint leaves, the juice of 4-6 limes and agave to taste. Strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher and add your favorite tequila. Stir, taste and adjust if needed. Pour mixture into mason jars and fill one ice filled glass with the rest. That's your reward for all the hard work you just put into making drinks for everyone.
When I served mine I garnished each with a mint sprig in the jar and cucumber and lime wheel on the rim.
Delish!

And please don't forget to VOTE HERE for my burger! The recipe with the most votes by July 3 gets a guaranteed trip to New York to compete for $10,000!
I could buy a lot more jars if I won

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...