Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Berry Chantilly Napoleons

Yum

My last entry for Wick’s Pies Recipe Challenge is for the dessert round and I am completely in love. If you've ever had Berry Chantilly cake before, I think you will be blown away by my twist on that ridiculously delicious dessert. It is one of my absolute favorite things and on my birthday, during covid, I ordered a large one to be delivered to my house when I just didn't have it in me to bake my own labor intensive cake. My version today, is much more manageable. The cream filling and crusts can be made in advance easily, so all you need to do is assemble when you're ready to serve it. 

The pie crusts are already buttery, flaky and rich but I sprinkled them with coarse sugar sprinkles to give them a sweet crunch and gorgeous shimmer. Fresh mixed berries are layered in there with the most decadent fluffy and not too sweet mascarpone and almond cream filling. I'm telling you, it's heaven on a plate!


Berry Chantilly Napoleons

1 Wick’s unbaked pie shell

1 Tablespoon coarse sparkling sugar sprinkles

4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature

1 cup powdered sugar

4 oz mascarpone cheese

1 cup heavy cream

¼ teaspoon almond extract

2 cups mixed berries


Pre-heat oven to 400°.

Lay the unbaked pie shell onto a lightly floured surface and use a 3 ¼ inch round cookie cutter to make                     circles, re-rolling the scraps if needed, to use up all the dough. I was able to get 10. 

Place dough circles on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  

Brush each circle evenly with water and sprinkle a thin even layer of the sugar over each one. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.

Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until smooth. Add the mascarpone and slowly mix until well blended. Replace the paddle attachment with the whisk slowly pour in the cream and almond extract. Whip mixture at medium-high speed until thickened and mousse like. Place in the fridge to chill until ready to use.

Pipe or spoon an even layer of cream over 5 of the pie crusts. Top with berries and another pie crust. Serve immediately.

The crusts and Chantilly cream can be made in advance and stored separately if desired. 



You can follow Wick’s Pies here for more recipes and ideas:  Wick's, Facebook Instagram, Twitter 

#WicksPies #TrustTheCrust #InCrustWeTrust



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...