Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Roasted Garlic Muffuletta Dip

Yum

 

New Orleans has been heavy on my heart lately, and this dip is a take of one of my very favorite sandwiches from where I grew up. I have always liked Muffulettas, and growing up in the New Orleans area, I have had my fair share of them. I'm pretty sure almost every single wedding, shower or party I went to growing up had some form of them served. Whether it was the huge whole loaf version cut into wedges or the cute little mini ones, they were always available. It combines so many things I love together- carbs, cheese, salty briny olives and a few delicious Italian cold cuts. It wasn't until I was in college that I had my first toasted Muffuletta and ever since then I don't want mine any other way! 

Roasted Garlic Muffuletta Dip
4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ cup shredded provolone cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces finely minced ham
2 ounces finely minced peppered salami
¼ cup giardiniera (jarred pickled Italian vegetables), chopped
¼ cup green olives, chopped
¼ cup black olives, chopped
1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. 

In a medium mixing bowl stir together the Hellmann’s Roasted Garlic Sauce, cream cheese and Italian seasoning until smooth and well incorporated. Stir in the shredded cheeses, ham, salami, giardiniera, green olives and black olives until well mixed. 

Place the mixture in an oven safe dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sesame seed crostini or any fresh crunchy vegetable (celery sticks, carrots, radish slices, cucumber rounds, bell pepper strips)


Sesame Seed Crostini
1 package sesame seed buns or 1 sesame seed baguette

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. 

Slice the bread into ¼ inch thick slices and lay on a large cookie sheet in a single layer. Spray each side with olive oil cooking spray and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Flip each piece over, return to the oven and continue to bake for another 5 minutes, or until evenly toasted. 

#minichallenge #deliclubdippin  #hellmannsdeliclub


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...