Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Cilantro Lime Crema Deviled Eggs

Yum


I have super exciting news AND a new recipe to share today. First off, my “Mexi-Cajun Jambalaya Arancini with Cilantro Lime Crema” won this week’s “Most Creative Entry” prize of $100, lots of foodie goodies from Don Pancho Foods and Pork Barrel BBQ It’s always so exciting to hear that your recipe was appreciated and I was so honored to read the judges comments! Now here’s hoping I make it to the Grand Prize win next week!! 


Even though I can’t enter any more recipes in the Don 
Pancho recipe contest, I couldn’t keep these to myself. They’re just too good not to share and would be the perfect addition to your Labor Day menu!!

Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? They’re always welcome at my house and they’re always the first plate emptied! I took this Southern staple south of the border today with this super simple twist! Cilantro Lime Crema and avocado is the base for my deviled egg filling and it makes the most delicious easy appetizer!



Cilantro Lime Crema Deviled Eggs 
12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half 
1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed 
1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt 
¾ cup Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema 
1 small jalapeno, sliced thinly 


Place the egg yolks, avocado, garlic salt and ½ cup of the sauce in a medium mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork until the mixture is completely smooth. Place the filling in a quart sized plastic bag and cut the tip of the bag off. Pipe the filling into the egg whites. Drizzle the filled eggs with the remaining sauce, top each egg with a slice of jalapeno and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...