Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Bayou Blackened Praline Burgers with Creamy Remoulade Sauce

Yum
When I saw the ad for the Johnsonville Tailgate Throwdown I knew I had to enter! The prize is 2 tickets to the SEC Championship Game and since we all already know that LSU will be playing in it this year I really think I'll win the best wife of the year award if I win this and get to bring my husband with me! So please cross your fingers and send me some good luck and prayers that this burger gets us there! If you'd like to vote for my burger and check out the rest of the competition follow this link: HERE
I took Johnsonville Grillers Steakhouse Onion Burger Patties and coated them with a spicy praline dust, placed them on a toasted Hawaiian style bun with bacon and a quick remoulade sauce and topped it off with a spicy pickled okra spear!

Bayou Blackened Praline Burgers with Creamy Remoulade Sauce
1 (2 ounce) pecan praline, chopped
1 ½ teaspoons creole blackened seasoning blend
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon creole style mustard
1 Tablespoon hot sauce
1 Tablespoon chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
12 slices pre-cooked packaged bacon
6 Hawaiian style hamburger buns
12 thinly shaved red onion slices
6 large leaves green leaf lettuce
1 small jar spicy pickled okra
1 bag spicy Louisiana style potato chips

Heat a gas grill to medium-low heat.
Combine the praline, blackened seasoning blend and cayenne pepper in a small food processor and pulse until the mixture is fine crumbs.
In a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, chili sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice.
Place the burger patties on the grill, close the lid and cook for 7 minutes. Open the grill, flip the patties over and sprinkle each with the pecan praline mixture. Lay the bacon pieces on the top rack of the grill, close the lid and cook for 5 more minutes.
Lightly toast the buns, watching carefully to prevent burning. Remove the buns, burger patties and bacon from the grill.
To assemble the burgers spread each grilled bun side with the remoulade sauce. Top each bun bottom with the onion, lettuce, 2 slices bacon, burger patties and bun tops. Skewer with a piece of okra and serve with chips.

Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...