Friday, October 11, 2019

Chili Cheese Spaghetti Squash Bowls

Yum
The recipe I'm sharing with you today I am so crazy proud of!! It only calls for 4 ingredients (I don't count salt and pepper), is gluten free, is super simple to put together and is absolutely crave worthy! 

To make this dish I used some leftover chili we had in the fridge and I can almost guarantee you the next time we have chili this will be the way we serve the rest of it BUT your favorite store bought brand is absolutely fine as well! Beans, no beans, leftover, canned; whatever -  it all works!
It's pretty funny how many gluten free recipes I have been creating lately considering no one in my house is actually gluten free. I realize how lucky I am (and how rare that is these days) to say that, but none of us have any dietary restrictions that we have to adhere to. Even so, my husband really is trying to be as low-carb as possible lately and my competitive side comes out when any challenge is given to me in the kitchen. I have enjoyed finding ways to make meals that make him happy all while having my kids cleaning their plates not even noticing a difference. 
 

Chili Cheese Spaghetti Squash Bowls
1 spaghetti squash (about 8 inches long)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chili
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons thinly sliced green onion

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut off the stem end of the spaghetti squash with a very sharp knife. Then cut the spaghetti squash into 4 (2-inch-thick) rings.  Scoop out and discard the seeds from the middle and place the rings on a medium sized cookie sheet. Spray the rings on both sides with olive oil spray and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes.

Once the squash rings are roasted, fill each squash ring with chili and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Remove from the oven, sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.

Are you following me on Instagram yet? If not, please do! 
You can find my latest recipe postings and  updates on Beignet and Roux!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...