Monday, July 23, 2018

Weber Winner

Yum
I've been dying to share this and I can finally say that I WON!
I am the grand prize winner of the NatureSweet Tomato-Vation Contest and I'm so incredibly grateful to everyone that voted for me through the voting round!
My Bacon Pimento Cheese Cherubs only use 4 ingredients, they're incredibly easy and cute and I'm so glad the judges agreed!
So, let's talk details.....the grand prize consists of a grilling experience for Louis and I at the Weber Grill Academy at the Weber Grill Restaurant in St. Louis, MO, travel and accommodations, one Weber Spirit II E-210 LP gas grill, and one Weber iGrill3 wireless thermometer
We've never been to St Louis and can't wait to explore a new city. I'm thinking we should go in the fall when it's cooler but other than that don't know what to do or see while we're there so leave me some suggestions!
Bacon Pimento Cheese Cherubs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped very finely
1 ½ cup pimento cheese spread, well chilled
40 Nature Sweet Cherub Tomatoes

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the panko on a cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes. Watch closely to prevent crumbs from burning.  Once panko is golden and toasted, mix with the bacon and place in a small bowl.
Place the pimento cheese in a mini food processor and pulse until smooth.
Mold about 2 teaspoons of the pimento cheese around each tomato shaping it into a ball and then roll in the breadcrumb bacon mixture pressing lightly to help them stick. 
Set on a serving platter, refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm and serve immediately.

Just a few tips when making these: make sure the pimento cheese is well chilled when rolling and that the tomatoes are completely dry. The firmer the cheese mixture is, the easier it is to form it around the tomatoes. I did the cheese part and then plopped it on the pan of bacon breadcrumbs and had my kids roll them in that. The assembly line made it much quicker!

2 comments:

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...